Dishwashers are one of the most commonly used appliances in the kitchen. They save time and energy by doing a lot of work for you. But, like any appliance, they can break down and cause problems. Watters Plumbing will explore some of the most common dishwasher problems and their solutions in this blog post.
1. The dishwasher doesn’t clean the dishes.
One of the most common dishwasher problems is that the dishwasher stops cleaning the dishes properly. This problem can be caused by several things, such as:
- Dirty filters:
- If your dishwasher’s filters are dirty, it can restrict water flow and prevent the dishwasher from cleaning properly.
- Solution: Cleaning or replacing the filters should solve the problem.
- Obstructed spray arm:
- The spray arm is what sprays water onto the dishes to clean them. If it becomes obstructed, it can prevent the dishwasher from cleaning correctly.
- Solution: Clearing the obstruction in your dishwasher should solve the problem.
- Incorrect loading:
- If you don’t load your dishwasher correctly, the water and detergent can’t reach all the dishes, and they won’t get clean.
- Solution: Consult your dishwasher’s manual for proper loading instructions.
2. The dishwasher leaves spots on the dishes.
Another common dishwasher problem is that the dishwasher leaves spots on dishes. This problem can be caused by several things, such as:
- Hard water:
- If you have hard water, it can leave spots on dishes after using the dishwasher.
- Solution: There are many ways to solve this problem, such as using a water softener. Contact Watters Plumbing to help with this!
- Incorrect detergent:
- If you’re using the wrong kind of dishwasher detergent, it can leave spots on dishes.
- Solution: Consult your dishwasher’s manual for the recommended type of detergent to use.
- Dirty filters:
- As we mentioned, dirty filters can restrict water flow and prevent the dishwasher from cleaning properly.
- Solution: Cleaning or replacing the dishwasher filters should solve the problem.
3. Dishwasher smells bad
Another common dishwasher problem that many people face is the dishwasher starting to smell bad. This problem is usually caused by food particles and grease build-up on the dishwasher’s filters and sprays arm.
Solution: Cleaning or replacing the filters and spray arms should solve the problem.
Other Common Dishwasher Problems
These are just a few of the most common dishwasher problems and their solutions. If you’re having other issues with your dishwasher, contact Watters Plumbing for help! Watters Plumbing services all of Northeastern Wisconsin for plumbing needs. We will thoroughly investigate your plumbing service needs to provide you with the best options and prices possible!