A cluttered bathroom is a no-go! The main reason for a cluttered bathroom is the lack of space. Towels, toothbrushes, soap, and other bathroom accessories should have their own designated spot in your bathroom. The easiest and most cost-effective way to make your bathroom more organized and have a cleaner look is to add shelves, baskets, and racks. You don’t want your family members and guests to be uncomfortable in a congested bathroom, so Watters Plumbing has these tips to follow!
Don’t overcrowd your sink space.
The sink space should have the most minimal amount of items possible. Try having only toothbrushes, hand towels, and soap on the counter around your sink. The best way to organize these items are:
- Mason jars. They are aesthetically pleasing and inexpensive for multiple uses! You can find mason jars at thrift stores, discount stores, and rummage sales around the Fox Cities for a low price (or reuse some glass jars you may already have) and make yourself a little DIY project!
- Wall racks. A small towel rack above the faucet is easy to install and is the perfect spot for your hand towels! It allows you to clear off the sink space versus using a towel holder that would be placed on your counter.
- Hand towel rings. If you want an even more minimalistic option, a hand towel ring gives off a modern feel, plus it’s smaller and easily mounted on any wall!
Where do the extra towels and supplies go?
A small bathroom, half-bath, or powder room may have limited cupboard space, or perhaps even none! You can store your extra supplies — like toilet paper, towels, and cleaning supplies — in a variety of ways:
- Over-the-toilet storage. This offers the most amount of space-saving as it’s up against the wall! Towels, extra soap, and even decor can be set on display! The Strategist has come up with a list of different styles of toilet storage sets.
- Storage bin/baskets. Organize toiletries, cleaning supplies, and anything else you might want to be tucked away under the sink in storage baskets or bins. You could also place these bins or baskets on the shelves if your sink cabinet is too cramped. Adding stylish baskets on your shelves serves as a decorative piece as well as storage!
- Shelving. If you just need a bit more storage space, adding two or more shelves in your bathroom will suffice! If you have room, add some decor such as succulents to add freshness to your bathroom!
The key to saving space in a small bathroom is using wall space as much as possible. Adding hooks and shelves seems like a minimal task, but the results are incredible! Personalize your shelves and your bathroom will go from cluttered to clean and stylish! Of course, if you’re looking for a bigger change, a bathroom remodel may be a great option. Swapping out your traditional bathtub and large vanity for a smaller sink and walk-in shower can make a huge difference in a cramped bathroom. If you need some bathroom renovation inspiration for your Fox Cities home, our experienced plumbers and design team at Watters Plumbing are here to help.
Request an estimate or give us a call.