Want an amazing new walk-in shower without the high labor costs, hassle, and stress of a full bathroom remodel? A tub-to-shower conversion may be the perfect fit. Today we’re diving into the ins and outs of tub-to-shower conversion with Watters Plumbing.
- What is a tub-to-shower conversion?
- Should I convert my tub to a shower?
- How does the tub-to-shower process work?
- How much does a tub-to-shower conversion cost?
What is a tub-to-shower conversion?
A tub-to-shower conversion through Watters Plumbing is a quick, easy, and affordable solution that allows you to use your existing space and plumbing and go from a standard tub to a great-looking walk-in shower. The acrylic shower kits are made to fit right into the existing bathtub alcoves, so there’s no lengthy construction process or expensive design-work.
Should I convert my tub to a shower?
Great question! We always recommend that you consider your family’s needs and lifestyle and really understand the benefits to figure out if replacing your bathtub with a shower is the right fit for you.
There are a lot of benefits of a tub to shower conversion, including:
- Increased safety. No more stepping over high tub walls and potentially slipping.
- Improved aesthetics. You’ll love the way your new tub looks and how it modernizes the space.
- Quick to install. With Watters Plumbing, converting your bathtub to a shower can take as little as one day. Plus, since the walk-in shower fits right in the same spot, there’s no lengthy or expensive construction process.
- Easy maintenance. Your new showers will be crafted with high-quality acrylic so it stands the test of time and resists issues such as cracking, chipping, and mold and mildew growth.
While there are a lot of great benefits to a tub-to-shower conversion, here are a few questions to consider before jumping in.
- Is this the only bathtub in your home? If so, think about your long-term plans. If you want to sell, not having a bathtub can make the home less appealing to families with pets, young kids, etc. You may also want a tub yourself someday depending on your physical and mental health needs.
- Are you more of a shower or bath person? What about other members of your family? Be sure you’re all in agreement before changing up the bathroom — especially if that’s the only bath or shower in the house.
- What do you want out of your new shower? Seats and hand-held showerheads are common must-have items when we install a new walk-in shower. If you’re planning on staying in your home long-term or someone in your home has a disability, you may want to consider things like roll-in showers or shower chairs as well, to accommodate for any mobility issues. It’s good to know these kinds of things ahead of time before working with your contractor.
How does the tub-to-shower process work?
The whole process is pretty simple and easy. Let’s walk through it step by step.
- We’ll take some measurements and photos of your existing bathroom so we can work to design the perfect option to fit in your existing space.
- Once everything is set, we remove the existing unit and prepare the space. Minimal mess and labor involved.
- We then prepare the base of your new shower. This is one of the most important parts of the project and helps keep everything stable and in place.
- Once the base is in place, we start on the walls. We prep the existing walls in your bathroom and add the high-quality acrylic so it’s water-tight and good to go.
- Last, but certainly not least, we add all the finishing touches. That includes the door, fixtures, seating, etc.
All in all, it’s a pretty simple and easy process. It can often take less than a day, so there is minimal mess, hassle, and downtime that our customers have to deal with.
How much does a tub-to-shower conversion cost?
The price to convert your bathtub to a shower can vary depending on a lot of different factors. In most cases, the average cost is somewhere between $1,200 to $7,000, with most projects falling right in the middle of that range.
The size, shower design, and fixtures can have an impact on the overall price. We also run into safety and plumbing issues, like mold and corrosion, that we have to deal with after we remove the bathtub, which can cause prices to go up.
Your best bet for an accurate estimate is to give us a call so we can discuss your bathroom and specific needs in more detail.
Call Watters Plumbing now to handle your tub-to-shower conversions!
Be sure to check out these resources to help you plan the bathroom of your dreams!
- 5 Major Benefits of A Bathroom Remodel
- Bathroom Remodel Ideas That Add Value & Make Your Home Stand Out
- 10 Questions You Should Ask Your Bathroom Remodeling Team
- What To Expect When You Do A Bathroom Remodel with Watters Plumbing