One of the questions we get a lot here at Watters Plumbing is “when is the best time to remodel my bathroom?” Well, there’s no right or wrong answer here and you’ll probably get a different answer depending on what plumbing professional you ask. If you’re planning a bathroom remodeling project, let’s take a look at a few of the pros and cons of remodeling in each season.
- With the nicer weather, we see fewer project delays due to snow, ice, and the holiday season.
- You may have extra wiggle room in the budget thanks to tax returns, gifts, and holiday bonuses. What better way to spend it than on a beautiful new bathroom?
- The busy season is starting to pick up for remodelers and contractors, so a company’s availability may be more limited.
- Kids are home from school, which means family schedules are often less hectic. Less running and commitments may indicate that it’s a good time to tackle a bathroom remodeling project.
- Since kids are off of school, you’ll have to occupy them while construction is going on and work around any summer activities, jobs, etc.
- Bathroom remodels can delay summer vacation plans due to scheduling and finances.
- You may prefer to spend your time and money on outdoor home projects before the winter snow hits.
- Mild temperatures make for good working and travel conditions for the crew, which means minimal project delays due to weather conditions.
- Generally, fall is somewhat of a pre-hibernation period, so it’s a great time to make your home feel cozier before the winter months.
- Everyone is in a rush to finish projects before the holiday season, which can cause delays and stress. Backordered products and scheduling issues can be more common this time of year.
- A new bathroom is a great mood booster during the dreary Wisconsin winter months.
- Business can be slower for plumbing companies and contractors, so you may get more one-on-one attention and more competitive pricing.
- New trends and design ideas are popping up to give you plenty of bathroom remodeling inspiration.
- Bad weather, road conditions, and winter plumbing issues can lead to project delays.
- Though most plumbing professionals are conscientious and respectful, you still have to deal with snow and salt tracked into your home.
- Your budget may be limited due to parties, presents, and other holiday expenses.
- You may be overly booked with stressful end-of-year work deadlines and holiday obligations.
Ready to discuss a remodeling project?
No matter what time of year it is, Watters Plumbing is always ready to discuss your bathroom remodeling and renovation ideas for your Fox Cities/Green Bay home. Contact our design team to start planning your dream bathroom.
Call Watters Plumbing now to handle your leaky repairs. Easy call, fast fix.
What You Should Know Before Remodeling Your Bathroom
Small Bathroom Remodel Ideas For Your Fox Cities Home
Choosing the Right Shower or Bathtub for your Bathroom
5 Top Trends for Bathroom Remodeling in 2020