With temperatures warming up here in the Fox Cities and after a few weeks spent mostly indoors, we’re itching for a little sunshine and summer fun. That got us thinking about some summer bathroom remodeling projects and trends that can add a little life and excitement to your bathroom. If you’re looking to upgrade your bathroom this summer, here are a few fresh ideas to get you started…
1. Change up the color
Light pastels and bright colors are generally associated with summertime — like bold yellows and oranges that remind you of the sun or subtle periwinkle that matches the hydrangea growing in the backyard. Sometimes a fresh new color can help add a summer vibe to your bathroom. There are a variety of ways to update the color of your bathroom, ranging from simple and quick to more time and cost-intensive projects.
- Switch out towels, bath mats, and/or your shower curtain
- Add a fresh coat of paint
- Hang up a colorful painting or piece of artwork
- Design an accent wall
- Add custom tiles
- Replace your countertops
When it comes to picking a good color this summer, keep Classic Blue, Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2020, in mind as well. The darker hue really pops against summer pastels, so it works great as an accent color and can add a “dependable and stable foundation” to your bathroom.
2. Add floral and natural elements
If you’re anything like us, you crave getting outdoors and making the most of all the awesome lakes, rivers, and hiking trails Wisconsin has to offer during the summer months. All the flowers, greenery, and trees glistening against the sun are extra beautiful after months of snow, slush, and cold. Why not replicate that in your bathroom? Bringing some of the outdoors inside can be a great way to capture the vibrance and freshness of summer.
- Add simple florals and greenery such as potted plants, succulents, and bouquets to brighten up the space.
- Get creative with wreaths, garland, and even larger trees and shrubberies.
- Add a floral wallpaper or stenciling.
- Consider stone tiles for the shower, countertop, or floors.
- Add natural wood accents — like shelving, crown molding, or decor items — to give an outdoorsy vibe.
Mixing in natural elements can really give your bathroom a fresh, outdoor vibe that is perfect for the summer months.
3. Smart bathroom products
Getting your bathroom ready for summer goes beyond just style and decor as well. It’s also about making your bathroom fit into your lifestyle and improve your daily routine. We’re all spending a little more time at home due to COVID-19, so there’s never been a better time to integrate smart technology and connected devices into your bathroom experience to make the space really work for you and your family.
- Smart mirrors that can help you better track your fitness progress throughout the summer months and beyond.
- If you’re still dealing with a toilet paper shortage or simply want to stay clean and fresh this summer, a smart toilet with a built-in bidet and temperature control can be the perfect addition to your bathroom.
This is only the beginning. With the right technology, your bathroom can meet your family’s needs and function better than ever before.
Work with Watters
If your bathroom is in need of a few upgrades or even a full remodel this summer, the team at Watters Plumbing is here to help. With the latest products and technology from top brands and quality service, we’ve got you covered. Watters Plumbing is always ready to discuss your bathroom remodeling and renovation ideas for your Fox Cities/Green Bay home. Contact our design team to start planning your dream bathroom.
Call Watters Plumbing now to handle your leaky repairs. Easy call, fast fix.
What You Should Know Before Remodeling Your Bathroom
Small Bathroom Remodel Ideas For Your Fox Cities Home
Choosing the Right Shower or Bathtub for your Bathroom
5 Top Trends for Bathroom Remodeling in 2020